Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

What's the point?

I struggled with the idea to create a blog.  Writing is something I have always loved, but I questioned any motive that I had.  The idea of blogging almost felt a little boastful.  Like I would be saying, "Look at my awesome life!  Look at how funny I am!  Look at how cute my kids are!" etc.  Personally, I couldn't come up with a good reason as to why I should. Plus, who would want to read it besides my mom and grandma?

In walks God! I have recently felt like my life needed more. I have always thrived on being busy and accomplishing things.  Lately I felt life was a bit blah. (That could be the Minnesota winter taking effect!) Really, I felt God was laying more on my heart.

I recently read What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst. This book is fabulous and very challenging and calls us women to "radical obedience" to God.  I want a heart that says "yes" to Him!

God even gave me something to write about:  Fullness of Life!  I have a passion now for myself and for other believers. I feel like Christians get comfortable and just live life Sunday to Sunday.  We are saved, but that is only one part of what Jesus came to do.  That is huge, but what about the time on earth that we have until we get to be with Him in Heaven?  Our eternal fate is sealed, but what about now?

In John 10:10, Jesus said, "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." (NLT, emphasis added).  Other versions say, "that they may have life and have it abundantly." (ESV) To me, there is two parts to this verse. Jesus came to give us life.  By this He means both eternally and today, now.  Secondly, this life is supposed to be abundant, rich, and satisfying! How exciting!

What's the secret to this rich and abundant life?  Well, that is what I'm on a mission to find out! I know the key is Jesus, more and more of Him.  He wants us to say "yes" to Him and to join him on an adventure.  He wants us to get to know Him well so we will be able to trust Him with our "yes."  He has plans for our good, and I believe that He wants to use us in a mighty way. 

This is what I believe.  This is what I am going to go after!  I want an adventure with God.  I want Him to use me, to take my talents and my dreams and use them for His bigger purpose.  This is my prayer for this blog I am starting.  I am viewing it as step one in my adventure with God!  I'm on my quest for an abundant life...

2 comments:

  1. A truly excellent reason to write a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I am so proud of you because I know you have been praying about this for a while. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete